What Is Metabolic Testing?
A Metabolic Test will determine the following:
- The exact calories you should consume in order to achieve weight loss.
- An exact measurement of calories that are burned during 30 minutes of physical exercise.
- A targeted caloric intake number to maintain your weight.
What to expect at your Metabolic Testing Appointment:
- You will be invited to sit or recline in a comfortable position while a nose clip is placed on your nose.
- You will be given a MetaBreather mouth piece to breathe into. You’ll breathe in fresh air from the room, but the gas that you breathe out will go through a tube into a metabolic analyzer to measure your metabolic rate.
- Relax! After about 10 minutes the device will beep, indicating it is finished.
- When preparing for your Metabolic test, arrive at your appointment 15 minutes early and be prepared to rest.
- No exercise or food 4 hours prior to your appointment, which includes no stimulants such as coffee and cold medications.
- Prescription medications should be taken according to your schedule.