Have you ever wondered why people need one-on-one coaching?
We are here not just to help you reach your physical goals, but to help you develop a healthy mindset which leads to healthy lifestyle practices. Mindset is our beliefs and attitudes that determine our behaviors. There are two types of mindset: Fixed mindset and Growth mindset. In learning about areas of your mind that are interfering with your ability to make changes, we, as trainers and coaches, can address them and then begin to teach you new and healthy habits.
The Fixed mindset is when you believe things cannot be changed; things are just the way they are. This negative mindset might contribute to unhealthy behaviors like overeating, snacking, and lack of exercise. You may lack self-confidence and self-control, therefore experiencing more anxiety and stress. This in turn floods the body’s system with stress hormones, which can cause weight gain, high blood pressure, and increased blood sugars, resulting in increased health and emotional problems.
The Growth mindset is the belief that anything can change with hard work, the right attitude and commitment. Through a Growth mindset, you will be more willing to try new things and develop new skills to solve problems and tackle challenges. This builds confidence and allows room to grow and to change the things we want to change. We are more apt to make better choices, create new healthy habits and stay consistent with a growth or positive mindset.
How do we create a healthy mindset and be more open to change?
Here is a list of ideas that you may find helpful on your journey:
1) Clear the Clutter. A messy environment can cause unnecessary stress. It is hard to focus on your priorities and that of a healthy mindset when you are surrounded by disorganization.
2) Create a work/living space that is visually appealing and gives you a peaceful, calm feeling. Adding things such as ambient lighting, green plants, or fresh flowers can help lift your spirits.
3) Begin a Gratitude Journal. At the end of each day, reflect on the positive moments that you experienced throughout your day. Maybe it was a beautiful sunrise, a “good morning” greeting from a coworker, a warm cup of coffee, opening the door for another. The more you focus on good thoughts and be thankful for them, the more they become a beacon of light bringing more positive experiences into your life.
4) Meditation/Breathing Techniques can help bring calm and clarity to your mind. Taking a few minutes to meditate each day can train your mind to focus and redirect your thoughts. The act of meditating can ease stress and anxiety, improve cognitive skills, help control depression, and improve your overall health.
5) Goal Setting is a great way to help you stay on track. Create short term achievable goals. Breaking down goals into daily and weekly increments makes obtaining them less overwhelming and therefore sets you up for success.
6) Exercise can give you an enormous sense of well-being. You will have more energy, sleep better at night, have a sharper memory, and feel more positive about yourself. Exercise releases endorphins, the feel-good hormones that help reduce pain and boost pleasure, resulting in a feeling of wellbeing.
7) Whole foods are vitally important to your body. They provide you with all the nutrients, fiber, and antioxidants your body needs to perform at an optimal level. Eating nutrient dense foods reduces inflammation, decreases cravings for sweets, aids in weight loss, and builds lean muscle mass. It also enhances your mental well-being.
Because your decisions are based out of your mindset, it is one of the first things you need to gain control of. We as trainers and coaches can guide you into a Growth mindset which leads to a healthier mind and body.
– Kim Swenson, MFS
Want To Learn More? Schedule Your FREE Consultation Today!
Boost Your Immunity
Replenish and restore depleted nutrients, vitamins, minerals and amino acids in your body with IV Therapy. Learn More…
30 For $30
Jump start your fitness routine and try us for 30 days for just $30. Learn More…
Tailored workouts and nutrition that’s right for you and your goals. Get A FREE Session…