Why Facial PRP?
You’ve probably heard of platelet-rich plasma facials, also known as PRP facials. Our clients have noticed many benefits from this treatment. Not only does it help the body create new elastin and collagen, but also combats wrinkles, acne scars, rosacea, dark pigment spots, lines, stretch marks, and other types of scars.
Facial PRP can deliver pronounced effects with better skin texture and tone.
Facial PRP Process
Many of our clients know that a PRP facial can make them look healthier, younger, and generally wonderful in a short amount of time, but may not know what the process entails. Here’s an overview of the facial PRP process:
- A medical team member takes a sample of your blood and places it in a centrifuge to isolate plasma and platelets from red cells. The red cells are not used in the procedure. This protein-rich plasma is what helps stimulate collagen production when infused into the skin of your face.
- A topical cream is used to numb your skin about 20 minutes prior to treatment.
- The plasma is spread in small working sections to avoid drying out in larger sections of the treatment area.
- The medical technician uses a micro-needling device on your forehead, cheeks, and other parts of your face and / or body area being treated to make sure the protein-rich substance is able to travel deep into the skin.
- Micro-needing itself helps to stimulate collagen growth, so when used alongside an infusion of PRP, you’re getting a double effect of collagen-boosting.
Results take a while to show up, especially after the very first facial you get. But most clients notice a generalized tightening of the skin within a few days, a glow and fullness to the entire face, and just an overall healthier look. Results can last several months. That’s why many people choose to have PRP facials a few times per year to maintain the results for anti-aging purposes. Initially, it’s best to have about 3 treatments 6-8 weeks apart to deal with scarring, skin damage, and problem areas.
For those interested in hair PRP restoration, PRP may help improve hair loss in both men and women. PRP stimulates hair follicles to be more active and causes hair growth. Studies show an initial evaluation with “hair pull” test, (running fingers through hair) for patients that had more than 10 hairs come out the number was reduced to 4 hairs or less, and there was an increased hair per square cm measured. With the first treatment there was an average of 20-40 % improvement in hair regrowth. Multiple treatments are recommended for best results and will be evaluated at your initial consultation.
BOOK YOUR CONSULTATION!
Includes consultation & skin assessment.